[games_access] Kinect and Accessibility

Tara Tefertiller tara.tefertiller at gmail.com
Wed Nov 10 17:35:03 EST 2010

Hey Everyone,

Kinect has been a hot issue here in the email thread, as we have discussed
what we thought would be good and bad, and the potential for this peripheral
in terms of accessible gaming.

I was just a minute ago sent this link, and it tells a great story.

A father had been struggling with watching his young son (who was diagnosed
with autism)  struggle to play video games. The son kept trying to get
better because he really wanted to play with his father. The Kinect gave
them a chance to do so. It's a touching story, and really reminds us that
the work we do effects people. Accessibility effects people. :)

Read about it yourself
here<http://gamingnexus.com/FullNews/I-think-Kinect-is-OK2c-but-its-the-best-24150-I-spent-on-a-console/Item20369.aspx>

Sincerely,
Tara.