[games_access] An emotional Response to Kinect not"seeing" peoplein wheel chairs.

Barrie Ellis oneswitch at gmail.com
Wed Jan 5 12:55:39 EST 2011

Definitely would be preferable for games to offer alternative controller
schemes. Something like Heavy Rain did with it's Move edition - but to offer
simplified schemes (Heavy Rain is probably one of the least accessible games
ever made for those struggling with standard joypads).

Just to add - Kinect's "Joy Ride" can be played from a sitting position:
http://www.gamebase.info/magazine/read/joy-ride-for-kinect_379.html

Exciting to hear that Valve are thinking about Eye control in games. That
sort of thinking might bring the cost of flexible eye-trackers down (i.e. an
eye tracker that can cope with head movement, that doesn't require you to
wear heavy technology laden glasses).

Is it too late to wish everyone a happy new year? I'm doing it anyway.