[games_access] Announcing Includification - Game Accessibility Guidelines for Disabled Gamers by Disabled Gamers

Steve Spohn steve at ablegamers.com
Wed Sep 12 09:55:45 EDT 2012

Greetings All,

The AbleGamers Foundation is proud to announce Includification, of 46 page,
fully illustrated guide to accessibility by disabled gamers for disabled
gamers. This project includes the hard work of a lot of people over the
last year, including letters from members of this SIG. I hope you all enjoy
the document and it serves you well.

http://www.ablegamers.com/Disabled-Gamers-General-News/announcing-includification-game-accessibility-guidelines.html
for
More details or you can go directly to www.includification.com

--------------------------

Contact: Steve
Spohn
       FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Telephone: (703) 891-9017 ext: 102

Email:  Press at AbleGamers.com
Disability Non-profit Releases In-depth How-to Document for Video Game
Developers

*The AbleGamers Foundation launches fully illustrated guide to designing
games for the disabled community.*

Harpers Ferry, WV –September 12, 2012– The AbleGamers Foundation is pleased
to announce the unveiling of *Includification*—a 46 page, fully illustrated
how-to guide for videogame developers and publishers road-mapping the exact
solutions needed to design an accessible game.

“For nearly a decade, our organization has been reaching out to developers
convincing them they need to include accessibility for gamers with
disabilities,” said Mark Barlet, President and Founder of the AbleGamers
Foundation. “As that message has been increasingly accepted in the video
game industry, the question has slowly turned into “Okay, we need to make
our games accessible, but how?””

“We believe this document and its companion website
www.includification.comwill serve to answer any questions a developer
might have about the exact
solutions needed to make their games accessible to the disability
community,” continued Mr. Barlet. “What thrills me the most is that our
recommendations can be updated via the website as new technology and
information arises.  The videogame industry is a living breathing entity
and we need to treat it as such by updating information as it comes in.”

“Words cannot express how extremely proud I am of this document, this
organization and everyone who helped bring this together.  This is the
culmination of the hard work and dedication everyone at our nonprofit has
put in over the last 8 years,” said Steve Spohn, Editor-in-Chief of
AbleGamers.com. “It is my sincerest wish that a copy of this document sits
on the desk of every developer, in the resource area of every library and
with every major publisher across the world. It's time game accessibility
leaped to the next level and these guidelines show developers exactly how
to enable gamers with disabilities in the easiest, most efficient and
cost-effective manner possible.”

The AbleGamers publication, *Includification*, includes numerous detailed
explanations of common problems for gamers with disabilities, solutions for
those problems, printable checklists, developer exercises and personal
letters from industry insiders to the game industry.  You can download *
Includification* for free at http://www.includification.com/guide. The
companion website with easy-to-read references can be found at
www.includification.com.  A physical print copy is available at-cost from
www.includification.com/print.

*About The AbleGamers Foundation***

The AbleGamers Foundation is a 501(c)(3) public charity that runs
AbleGamers.com, which provides news and reviews on the accessibility of
mainstream video game titles, as well as consultation on assistive
technology.  As an alternative to Serious Gaming, mainstream video games
supply many disabled individuals and veterans with rehabilitation as well
as social stimulation in situations where they may be otherwise shut out of
society's idea of normal everyday life.

###

For more information about this topic, the AbleGamers Foundation,
AbleGamers.com, or to schedule an interview with Mark Barlet, President of
AbleGamers, call Steve Spohn at (703) 891-9017 ext:102 or email
press at AbleGamers.com.

--
Steve Spohn
Editor-In-Chief