[games_access] Audio games

Sander H. news at ebass.nl
Mon Jun 10 14:22:06 EDT 2013

Hi all,

Sander reporting... :D

Well, I suppose that is an old phrase displayed on the home screen of
AudioGames.net, probably in the 2005 era. Back then, we considered
something being an audio game when information or feedback in the
auditory domain was a basic fundamental of a game and we called it
/hybrid/ (ahhh, the good old h-word!) when the main interaction relied
on various sensory domains (e.g. "The Curb Game" which can be played
with or without visuals, with or without sound - but obviously not
without sound AND visuals). If something is fundamentally important and
necessary one could easily define it this way, but it was never our
intention to confuse anyone. I agree that it's better to make such a
definition more positive sounding.
Nowadays, we do have a different description on AudioGames.net... :D

Warm regards,
Sander

    Welcome at AudioGames.net!

AudioGames.net is a community portal for audio games: games based on
sound. An audio game is a game that consists (only) of sound.