[Techtoolslist] part sourcing help - edge connectors, hook leads

Tony Jones tony at tonyjones.com
Mon Mar 23 15:37:39 EDT 2020

On Mon, Mar 23, 2020 at 12:17 PM Joe Magiera <joemagiera at ameritech.net>
wrote:

> Well that was indeed dumb of me to not post a picture.  Sorry.
>
> For the hook leads, I'm looking for a cheaper version of these (yes, these
> are cheaper than the $9.95 I mentioned, but they are out there for $9.95
> too)
>
> https://www.alliedelec.com/product/pomona-electronics/3781-8-2/70198326/?gcl
> id=EAIaIQobChMI19XT4J6x6AIVA5-fCh3RLwsgEAQYASABEgIhFfD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds
> <https://www.alliedelec.com/product/pomona-electronics/3781-8-2/70198326/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI19XT4J6x6AIVA5-fCh3RLwsgEAQYASABEgIhFfD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds>

As I said, they are called "grabber" test leads,  or mini grabbers,
 Commodity Chinese item if you want to go cheap.    You can get packs of 10
without wires and make up your own leads,  premade with grabber on one end
and Dupont connectors on other or with a grabber on each end.

The HP grabbers from their logic analyzers show up cheap on eBay:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/264598713165
Just use some decent quality F-F dupont cables to connect them.

If you look closely, on the pin side, the pins have a small hole in them

Roger posted a link already.  EDAC makes what you want.