[Techtoolslist] Gotek w/ FlashFloppy and github service disk problems

Tim Matthews trmatthe at gmail.com
Mon Jul 20 19:08:53 EDT 2020

Hi all,

I am trying to resurrect a 9100 with dead HD and switch it to SCSI-CF. I
have no way of creating a real system floppy so have installed a gotek,
flashed it to FlashFloppy 2.14.

Using info from Porchy's site and Tony Jones' post to this list, I've got
an FF.CFG set to shugart, jumper on D0 and nowhere else.

I took the kryo stream from  9100A-USAF/SERVICE-V1.4 and using
HxCFloppyemulator tool imported the stream and re-exported as both hfe and
img.

With both of those files on USB booting softkeys+F2+F4 gets the 9100 trying
to boot, but it fails. The gotek shows cylinder reads 0-3, lower side only,
for less than a second. Switching the gotek to the second image and
rebooting the 9100 has the same result.

I installed the logging gotek FW and can show the gotek is seeing/mounting
the images and serving (log excerpt below [0]). I have also tried an FF.CFG
with host set to fluke, but the results are identical. I've hooked the
gotek to a PC and used it to boot dos floppy images so I know the device,
fw and cabling is good (had a different FF.CFG for the pc, but only the
interface value).

My converted image details are:

service.hfe: 2,213,376 bytes sha1 f9c6dbf07ab84b3cecaa52a2563b315ffe338beb
service.img  655,360 bytes sha1 0dca7b164fcfadfd5cf7eb9be99888318b510408

I am pretty certain the hardware setup is ok, so I think the issue is with
the images. If anybody has an hfe or img of the service disk they can point
me to I would be incredibly appreciative :D

All advice is very welcome!

thanks,

[0] flashfloppy log excerpt
Name: 'service-stream' Type: hfe